Art and design - 'Every Child an Artist'
Implementation and Purpose of study from the National Curriculum
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity. A high-quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design. They should also know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
To ensure that all pupils will benefit from an exciting,rich,broad,ballanced and differentiated curriculum that is matched appropriately to their ages, abilities and aptitudes. Ensuring the progressive development of art and design knowledge and skills and for pupils to develop a love of art and design.
- New topics for the year to ensure rich, broad and balanced curriculum coverage.
- Use of KAPOW Scheme of work to support and enhance lesson delivery and support staff CPD.
- Use of the End Point Curriculum to keep outcomes focussed and clear.
- Display, planning and sketch book scrutiny to evidence coverage and differentiation.
- Learning walks, team teaching,observations and discussions with the pupils to ensure learning is exciting.
- Introduction of the 'artist of the month' focus to enhance critical thinking and appreciation of art and design.
- Annual data will be collected and analysed to ensure continued progress. Target pupils and areas identified and support for both pupils and staff will be implemented if required.
- Staff and pupils voice questionnaires to be carried out at start and end of the year and responses evaluated to identify key points.
All pupils will have a secure knowledge of the matters, skills and processes identified in the relevant curriculum programmes of study for their key stage. They will have the ability and confidence to transfer these skills to other areas of the curriculum. They will develop a love and interest of art and design and those artists and designers who have shaped/shape the world we live in from thier pieces of work. Pupils will be creative and curious and be armed with the resillience, skills and knowledge to explore the artistic and design world around them.
Wholeschool Banner Art: http://www.gorsewood.halton.sch.uk/news/whole-school-banner-art/16681
Outdoor Art Project http://www.gorsewood.halton.sch.uk/news/whole-school-art-project-2016/16360
Charcoal Sketching http://www.gorsewood.halton.sch.uk/work/charcoal-sketching/15391
Painting the Runcorn Bridge: http://gorsewood.schoolspider.co.uk/work/painting-the-runcorn-jubilee-bridge/14062
Extra Curricular: http://gorsewood.schoolspider.co.uk/page/arts-craft/17026
Year 2 Art: http://gorsewood.schoolspider.co.uk/work/colour-mixing/14654